For every single product in the market, you can find a thousand other alternatives for it. Competition is high in the market for every single product and service. In times like these, marketers have to work extra hard to make sure that their product or service stands out from the rest of the options. They have to look after all possible marketing avenues to market their product or service in the best way possible and onlinemarketinggurus.com.au is one example of it. We are currently living in times where a person is constantly connected to the world around them through eLearning. That is why the internet is widely regarded as the most popular mediums of marketing to people, especially the millennial. Digital marketing has emerged as one of the most popular avenues of marketing. If you are looking to expand your business or reach the right audience through digital marketing, you need to conduct appropriate research before you wade into that pool. To hit the right kind of audience, you need to find the best possible company to help you make the right decisions in terms of creating a digital presence. Working with people who have already established precedents in the industry is incredibly important if you want to create an impact. However, before you jump on the digital marketing bandwagon, you need to read carefully about the advantages and disadvantages of it.
Pros of Digital Marketing
- Compared to other methods of advertisement, digital marketing is a cheaper option. If you don’t have a huge budget to create an impact on a bigger scale through ATL and BTL activities, then you can opt for digital marketing as a reasonably priced option. Some platforms even let you advertise for free if you are looking to spend as little as possible in the beginning.
- You can reach a much wider audience with digital marketing than you can with other methods. With other methods, you can only hope to reach a limited target audience. With TV advertisements, you are only focusing on a group of people who will be watching the TV show or channel that you choose to associate yourself with. However, with digital marketing, your audience is everything single person on the internet, and that’s not a small target group by any standards.
- Digital marketing is a great platform for brands to interact with consumers directly. There is no other marketing channel where customers can directly get their feedback to the brand itself. This helps in creating a direct and more impactful relationship with the customer than other mediums would allow. This also helps you use customers as a positive marketing tool as positive interactions with the brand lead to good word of mouth from the customers.
- Easier to gauge the response of consumers to your campaigns. Unlike other marketing mediums, digital marketing allows you to calculate the impact of your online campaigns instantly. With TV advertisements, you cannot instantly see what people think of your ads or whether they watched your ad with interest or did they divert their attention away from the screen. However, with digital marketing, you can see how successful a campaign is through the clicks on it or the leads generated by it.
- Incredibly easy to cater to a niche market. If your product or service is one that does not find itself appealing to the mainstream media, digital media is the best marketing medium for you. With targeted advertisements, you can reach exactly the kind of person that would be interested in using your product or service. With SEO tools, you can make sure that your brand is their first option when looking for a product or service of that kind.
Cons of Digital Marketing
- You need to spend a lot of time on digital marketing as compared to other marketing channels. It takes time and effort to curate and creates the perfect digital media presence to yield beneficial results for your brand. This means that while it may not burn a hole in your pocket to market your product or service on digital media, it may take up a lot of your time and effort in order to do that.
- You cannot control the dissemination of public reaction to your campaigns. While every marketer hopes and dreams that their campaign goes viral on social media, nobody wants it to go viral for the wrong reasons. Since information spreads like wildfire on the internet, you cannot control how people choose to display their reactions to your campaigns. One bad review can spiral into a dozen more bad ones if the narrative is not controlled in time.
- Digital marketing campaigns can often get lost in the vast and wide expanse of the internet. People are constantly bombarded with information on the internet. Many people view advertisements as this annoyance that they pay extra to get rid of. Often times, a brand’s message can be lost amidst all the other information being provided to a consumer. Information fatigue can lead to people ignoring your brand’s message even if they are interested in the product or service that you are offering.
- As with everything else on the internet, the issue of security and safety remains imminent. Hacking is a possible risk that your brand might have to face if they are looking to dabble in the world of digital marketing. Hackers can ruin your brand image by taking control of your digital media presence and maligning it. To ensure that this does not happen, you need to make sure that your safety and security controls are top-notch.
- Your digital media marketing efforts are often out of your control. One mistake that marketers often do is that they put all their eggs in one basket, Relying on only one channel of digital marketing is a mistake because you are essentially hosting your campaign on someone else’s property and you cannot control it at all times. Sites like Facebook and Instagram often face outages. What if the outage occurs during the launch or in the middle of your campaign? You need to prepare for such possibilities if you are hoping to wade into digital marketing.
Whether you decide to opt for digital marketing as a medium or not, make your decision based on information. Conduct appropriate research to see if digital marketing is a good fit for your brand. You also need to ensure that the target audience for your product or service is such that it can be found on social media easily. There is no use creating a huge online media presence if your product is such that it only appeals to a fraction of the audience that is not used to using the internet. In any case, appropriate and extensive research can save you a lot of headache, effort and money when it comes to digital marketing.