Everyone wants their wedding day to be perfect. They want to have nothing but beautiful memories of this once in a lifetime event. But a wedding can be complicated and the planning can be a real nightmare. One the best ways to avoid all the stress of a wedding is to hire a competent wedding planner and hand over all the responsibility to them. You will only need to concern yourself with the really important things.
But there is a plethora of wedding planners out there. How can you find the perfect one to guide you through to your dream wedding? Here are some points to consider:
Consider your Requirements
Before you hire a wedding planner, or even get down to looking for one, consider the following questions:
- How much are you willing to spend on your wedding?
- How much can you pay the planner?
- How many people are invited to your wedding?
- When is the date for the event set?
- Where would you prefer to have it?
- What is your ideal wedding vision?
Once you have the answer to all these questions, you can start looking for a wedding planner.
Interviewing each and every candidate for the job can be exhausting. It’s a good idea to simply shortlist candidates. This would require a bit of research. Here’s what you can do:
- Ask your friends and family if they know a good planner and note down all suggestions. If you’ve been at a wedding the planners have planned, you’ll have an idea of their skills.
- Look online and check all sources for the right candidate. You should also read any reviews. You can also visit their website if they have one.
- Find professionals with a good reputation. The last thing you want is for your planner to leave you high & dry just a few days before the event.
After you’ve shortlisted all possible candidates, it’s time to interview them. Prepare a list of questions that would allow you to assess the planner and find the ideal fit. Ideally, you want a planner that would understand your vision, offer sound advice and suggestion, be willing to work with your budget and communicate well with you. Here’s a brief list of questions you should ask them.
- Do they have your planned wedding date open?
- Do they think that it might be difficult to book a venue on that date?
- Ask them to describe the most challenging project they worked on
- Ask them if they have any certification or official recognition.
- Ask them about their experience and if they have a business licence.
There are several other questions you might need to ask them according to your needs and requirements. Be sure to ask them just what kind of planning they offer. Some planners will only organize the logistics while others offer a full service.
If you want to hire a good and reliable wedding planner, start looking by browsing through Hotfrog New Zealand’s Wedding Planner page. You’re sure to find someone that addresses your needs here.