We live in a fast paced world and people of all careers and professionals dedicate most of their time and energy to work. When they return home after the workday, they simply want to relax and not worry about the list of chores they need to do in order to keep their home clean and liveable.
A cleaning service is a great option for today’s busy professional. But how do you pick a trustworthy service that would do a thorough job? Here are some things to consider when you’re hiring a maid service:
- Places to Clean – You need to decide which places in your home you need to get cleaned and how often. For example, decide if you want to exclude your children’s rooms and the master bedroom from the cleaning list. You also need to know how often you’ll be using the service. Do you want to set a weekly schedule or do a thorough cleaning once a month? Prepare a list of all your needs and requirements before looking for a cleaning service.
- Bonded and Insured – Don’t opt for any service that’s not bonded and insured. Accidents can happen in the workplace. For example, a maid might accidentally drop a laptop, or break an expensive artefact. If you pick a service that’s not insured, you’ll end up paying for the replacement. There’s also a chance that a maid might become tempted and steal something. The company will be able to compensate if that’s the case.
- References – One of the best ways to get a reliable cleaning service is to ask your friends and relatives for references. If the cleaning service has provided them with efficient service for a while, it’s your best bet. Keep such recommendations on the top of your list. Most people won’t recommend a bad service.
First Phone Call
Call every service provider on your list to and speak with them personally. Here’s a list of questions you should ask:
- How long as the company been around?
- What is included in their standard service?
- Do they provide any sort of guarantee on their service?
- What kind of cleaning agents do they use in their cleaning process?
- Do they provide a free consultation?
Answers to these questions would help you shortlist the candidates and find one ideally suited for you.
Along with the above listed questions, you need to ask about the kind of background checks the company has performed. You should keep in mind that you’re letting a relative stranger enter your home. It’s a good idea to know that they’re a safe choice. If the maids have committed a crime, it’s better to stay clear of the company. The final determining factor is the fees and pricing. It’s a good idea to pick a company that charges a flat fee for the service rather than by the hour.
You shouldn’t go for the cheapest option. Choose a service that fulfils all your criteria. You can start looking by browsing through the Hotfrog UK Cleaning Services page if you want to hire a good business consultant. You’re sure to find someone that addresses your needs.